RIVERS AGAIN FOR POKER AND VP

Well, I had my faced mushed into the felt this trip to Rivers, losing $365 for a yearly poker score of plus $276.
I did win $40 at VP JOB with another straight flush and a couple quads.
But that still put me down $325.
I started at a new table. Good players, but no bullies so the poker games were in my bankroll range.
In one large pot I should have called my opponents river bet of $36, but it is still unclear what he held. She showed a queen and later said he had an Ace to a buddy, but I put him on at least two pair. I had pocket kings. I would have beat A-Q.
Another hand I flopped a straight only to have it beat by a full house. There my opponent missed a bet. He had a full house, 6's full of 2's and waited for the river. A third deuce fell and so I knew I was beat by anything he would have called with, so I folded.
Other than that, it was just a draining. I think I played okay. Just bad cards this time.
I enjoyed the friendly banter.
But it is my worst loss this year.
I came home at 4PM which put me in early rush hour, but the driving was really not bad. I knew I could not wait until 7 with no more money I wanted to put at risk. Riccitello's is closed on Tuesday, or I would have assuaged my losses with cavatelli.
Instead, I took advantage of shop rite's $9 a pound lobster sale this week and added a bag of little neck clams. I stopped at a local veggie stand and got four ears of this very small corn at 25 cents an ear. And Elizabeth and I enjoyed a fine evening on the deck with lobster supper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER TRIP TO RIVERS

TRIP TO RIVERS FOR LIVE POKER AND VP